Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Speak

Long time no speak. Sorry for the hiatus. My mom always taught me “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” It’s not that I have been a bitter shrew for the past month and a half; my thoughts have been unclear and relatively negative. However, it’s a bit of a lie to actually say my thoughts have been unclear, when all along they have been clear. I truthfully have just chosen to ignore the blinding clarity. So what’s the blinding clarity? I need and quench for the word of God.

I can’t explain the immediate rush of peace and clarity that came when I spent time in the word today. When I am thirsty it affects my joy, peace, patience, and the way I love people among other things. Because of sin this world is destined for death. Just like a plant with no water. So I know, as long as I continue to drink from the water of truth I will continually produce fruit; the evidence of life. What a supernatural gift the Lord has given us to be able to produce fruit in a dying world.

"How will they know if we don't even walk, even talk, even speak?"

No comments: