Friday, November 14, 2008

The Fog

Some mornings here in beautiful College Station, TX are filled with the densest fog you have ever seen…or at least I have ever seen. Well yesterday was one of those days and as I was driving to work the lights were visible at about 50 feet and all other structures, cars, buildings at about 25 feet. AND it got me to thinking…


After checking my speedometer, I realized I wasn’t slowing down and I wasn’t even the slightest bit timid, like I am when I am driving in the rain. Why not? Because even though I couldn’t see 100 feet in front of me, I knew that the lights would be visible in time. I knew I would see taillights, headlights or traffic lights that would indicate the need to stop or slow down. I knew what traffic light came next, and I knew I would have enough time to stop if it was red. So while I am in a complete fog in life, I have to remember that every other foggy period I have walked through has been made clear in time. I am a true believer in reflecting and learning from trials so I know that in trials past, God has always opened the doors and revealed His next step in His time. I also remember that there were days or weeks when all I saw was fog with no lights. So right now, all I see is fog, but I have been in the fog before and I know that in God’s time there will be lights, and things will be made clear. Is 26:3: You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in You.

************************************************************************************

3 comments:

Emily said...

Well, Slugger, all I can say is keep your heart gaurded but your mind open. You never know who you'll end up marrying... a "murse" was not a characteristic I envisioned. And trust me...there are men out there who actually LIKE an opinionated and passionate woman! Well, at least I think...my hubby just smiles and nods! Apparently he was listening in class that day, while I was busy passing notes to you!

PS- I think there is a BIG green light in Dallas...just sayin'...and I might have a hookup in PlanoISD (my besty is an administrator-type there)!

Andrea & Marty said...

I've been experiencing some fog of my own friend! I think it may have lifted yesterday when the light finally shone through. It took me long enough to get what God was trying to show me. I've always known I'm a slow processor. Sometimes I just wish I could add some extra RAM and speed my brain up a little. I'll be praying for you, for sure. AND, both of my opinionated sisters are married! Their hubbies are more of the smilers. There is a perfect man for you and it's going to be so fun when the Lord brings him to you! I miss you!

Lisa Smith said...

Really insightful post...I found you through Heather Pliler. I live in CS too...small world! how do you know heather?