Friday, July 18, 2008

One Sweet Day At A Time

I actually had this huge discovery last March, and sometimes when I have an epiphany like this I wonder if that is just what everybody else has been doing along and I am just now cluing in. Let's hope not!

It was over spring break. I think I slept for about 3 days straight. I woke up and realized that in my slumbering state I had discovered a new way to process life. So let's start with the "used to". I used to view life 4 years and a day at a time. I would think about the past 2 years and I would imagine the next 2 years, and if I had time I would actually think about the day I was living in. That is a lot of baggage for one person to carry in a day. So I started to think, we all know I can't change the past, and the future is unpredictable.

So I stopped.

I decided to actually think about one day at a time. For example, today I am waking up, going to work, going to the gym, having dinner with a friend and going to bed. I couldn't ask for a better day. I love my job, I love my friends, and I love going to bed. Some days I might not even know that much, but I know at the end of the day I will have trusted God through that one day that He gave me. And that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH DANG! I'm the friend...I can't believe I've made it in two of your posts so far. I feel slightly famous. Btw...I was NOT drinking wine the other night...just coffee, and a sip of the most disgusting liquor I've ever tasted. That commercial where the chick licks the ice cube bc it's THAT good....ALL LIES.
Alright...love you Reebs. :)