Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's Worth It


I think, as of late, I haven’t let the softness in my heart show. I keep these things inside for some reason, and I want to convey my overwhelming feelings of joy. I know where that joy comes from and that is why I am ready to blog about it. So here goes…

I have walked with the Lord since the seventh grade. It just made total since at that point, I knew all I wanted was to please the Lord. As I reflect on this short walk with the Lord, I can remember times that I have been a little rough around the edges and times where I seem to walk in harmony. It seems that I have made things more difficult than necessary, but with love I have learned countless lessons.

Back to the walk…as a junior higher and into high school, I had a strong group of 4 girlfriends. During these years the only things that mattered to me were these 3 girls and the Lord. While it seems a bit selfish, I can only assert that at this point in life selfishness is inevitable, so why not spend it with a group of girls that didn’t require I make a choice I would utterly regret. I also credit that blessing to the consistent wise choices of my parents.

Into college, things were a bit tough for about a year and a half. I am not going to go into OU now, maybe in another blog. I will just say it was hard. At the end of that huge trial, I saw and understood for the first time, God moving in my life. He opened a way to my next phase. He also blessed me with many great years to finish out college. While I would probably say I went through several different trials in college, they have all yielded, in their time, fruit.

Like I said, things haven’t always been easy, but if I hadn’t done these last 13 years with the Lord...I have no words to finish that statement. I just must say it’s worth it. I am so in love with God and the peace, patience, joy, love, self-control, goodness, kindness, and gentleness that are His, are my fruit for life.

When I think about the blessings I have in this life, I just stop in amazement. So here they are, my Lord loves me, my mother, father and brother love me, and countless friends love me. Some people only wish for one friend that is as amazing as the people I have met and continue to meet in my life. I have learned everyday of the last 13 years what it means to walk with the Lord, and it’s worth it.

One day at a time, with You loving me. I am blessed.


“It’s worth it brothers, it’s worth it friends, to know your Maker, to lose your sin. Do you know that you are dearly loved?” -JN

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I love you, friend!

Well said, well said!

{hab} said...

Apparently you figured out how to post pics...nice. I'm glad we're friends, reebs! Love, holls