Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Man/Women crushes

Before I get started I must state that this is a joke and nobody in this story actually has a crush on anybody.

So a couple of years ago I was dating a guy that was really into wakeboarding. He had a nice wakeboarding boat and we would go to the lake a lot. One time we met a guy on the dock that had a wakeboard, but no boat and he asked my boyfriend if he could have a quick ride. So we took the guy for a ride. It turns out he was a professional wakeboarded and my boyfriend was completely ecstatic the he was driving him. After the ride was over my boyfriend had forgotten, in my opinion, that I even existed. He must have asked the poor guy about a hundred questions. After the whole event I told my boyfriend that he had a man crush on the guy. My boyfriend didn’t like that, but I couldn’t resist. (Note to self: you probably don’t currently have a boyfriend because of reasons as such).

On a more current note, due to a similar situation, the idea of man crushes came up in a group discussion, and the question was thrown to the girls, “Do any of ya’ll have women crushes?” I immediately informed the group….“phhh NO”. BUT Later that night I was headed to bed and all of a sudden I realized that I have a women crush and I was surprising okay with it!!! Even to the point, where I told my women crush that I had a women crush on her. Oddly enough it was, whoI refer to as, “my math boss”. (Note to self: don’t tell my boss I have a crush on her). It’s a wonder I make it through life…

5 comments:

Brooke said...

yay...found your blog!

Gram said...

hahaha!prob scared of you now!

Gram said...

all this time i never knew your mom and dad had been to ft. davis. i'll have to visit with them about it...

Amy said...

You are so funny! I joke with my husband all the time (during football season) that his "boyfriend" is on the phone - really it's my brother in law, but they seriously talk for an hour every Saturday morning in the fall...I've found that if I call him his "BFF" it's a bit less offensive, but fun for me nonetheless.

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah! I forgot about football season, it's like spring for the men. ..Love is in the air.