Friday, September 26, 2008

Losing Face

Do you ever feel like you do all of the stupid things that you do in front of the same people. Like at school, when I trip it always seems to be in front of the same colleague. Or how about this…the other day I went to open a door and walk in and I PULLED. Who does that? And of course it was in front of that same colleague. Maybe subconsciously I have decided that it is better to really “lose face” in front of one person and get all of my stupidity out, and then for everybody else, they can just continue to think that I am a completely normal, high functioning member of society.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yes you are a nerd!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

My all-time favorite is when you do those things in front of the kids. Like the other day, I was really getting onto my AP class because they were asking me questions the day the assignment was due and I was lecturing them about waiting until the last minute. Turns out, it wasn't due that day, because it was Monday, not Tuesday! Ha! I do stuff like that all the time...foot in the mouth syndrome!!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vickie said...

I don't necessarily have these moments in front of a particular person because I'm clumsy enough to do it regularly around a variety of people.

Thank you, by the way, for including a link to Erin's home page on your blog. I really like your perspective and way with words and am glad I found your site.

VB